Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Advanced Design Week 16 - Retrospectives

This week is retrospectives for Advanced Design, and here I am doing this last blog at 1AM the night before.. Oh well.

I believe that I drastically improved my value to the team this second half of the semester. The first half of the semester I was definitely coasting. I'm not sure if that was because I was indifferent, if it was my first design class, or I was just a jaded douchebag. Either way, I think I really turned it around like I wanted to after midterms.

I added several quality features to our race, all of which made it into the final Codex (with a few changes made along the way obviously but they are more or less close to how I initially designed them). I also helped to playtest and balance an incredibly large portion of the mechanics for the Lizardmen.

Warning: Big block of text incoming

I definitely am incredibly proud of myself for the change I made and hopefully my feeling is reflected in the score I receive! Having said that, I would give myself a 4. I believe I 100% met expectations for what I was supposed to do as a member of the mechanics team and as assistant mechanics lead. I would say I was still a little weak on my communication outside of class (G+), but it was definitely a drastic improvement from the first half of the semester. My attendance improved (actually was on time every day I think) and I also attended the optional playtesting sessions on Fridays. I think my intellectual curiosity was there, as I spent quite a long time researching the different tasks I was assigned, including the Hwacha and how formations work. My body of work is good, it included the Fury Launcher, formations, the Temple Guard, Terradon Flyers, a few psychic abilities, and I also managed a lot of the management of the mechanics spreadsheet making sure it was organized and easily usable by someone that wasn't on the mechanics team. My attitude improved, although I did still have issues with Sean, but overall I think I had a better/good attitude.

That's all folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment