Friday, December 11, 2015

Capstone Week 16.5 - Demo Day

This post is for the large amount of work I did the night before Demo Day. Throughout that night I added/fixed the following things:

  • Add Wreck-uisition splash screen
  • Add Main Menu sound and intro "animation"
  • Fleshed out character customization and moved it into Main Menu scene
  • Filled in Credits
  • Replaced button graphics
The splash screen looks great, it was a pain finding out that Unity uses Quicktime (yes that Apple program) for importing/handling video in-engine. Hopefully that doesn't cause problems... (foreshadowing). 

The Main Menu sound/music sounds great. Matt did a great job of coming up with some cool music for us. I can't wait to hear what else he has in store for us as the rest of the game progresses. The intro animation and sound start playing after the Wreck-uisition splash screen. 

I moved Character Customization into the main menu scene. It is now properly held within the loadout area (dark side of the planet). It all works great, and the players load into the game with the proper items/abilities.

I filled in the Credits screen so each of our names were shown on screen for everyone to see! It looks good, also it will HAVE to be made more transparent in the future so you can see the beautiful lens flare. No joke.

Little less exciting, but I replaced the sprite that the buttons use so they look like they fit into the setting and aren't just the default Unity button sprite.

I'm done!!! Now to most likely do some more debugging tomorrow morning for Demo Day and then the semester is over (besides retros, but no biggie there).

No comments:

Post a Comment