This week was the half way point in this sprint. Since I finished my sprint tasks already (game loop), I was assigned the Decoy ability as my new task. I'm particularly excited to work on this one as it is going to be a cool ability. Plus Zach always makes good design docs for his features which always makes things easier.
Today was dedicated to starting the Decoy ability. I have it to the point where it spawns a Decoy in front of the player. I also spent a lot of today fixing an annoying rigidbody bug, which was due to the mass of the rigidbody not being large enough, and to the physics ray cast that was checking if the player was grounded. The combination of these two things caused the player to make these small "bounces" if they landed a certain way after a jump. Luckily it was fixed!
This picture above is the specific line of code that was causing issues indirectly. It basically checks right below the collider to see if there is anything that the player would be "resting" on. Combined with the rigidbody issue, the player would begin to "bounce".
I'll be working on the decoy ability more this weekend, as the design of it calls for an "arrow" that can be controlled by the player to spawn the Decoy in a 360 degree circle around them. It would be great if I could finish this feature before the end of this sprint but it is not necessary since this feature is an "extra" (it was part of next sprint technically, but I needed something to work on).
No comments:
Post a Comment