Thursday, October 8, 2015

Advanced Design Week 7 - Retrospective

This semester has gone fairly well for me. I've done a good amount of work on the Mechanics team, and have learned a lot about Agile development using Psyberfire. A lot of that Agile experience is thanks to Sam as she has been explaining things to me as I've asked, which has been incredibly helpful.

I know I definitely could have done more with respect to the Mechanics side though, I've been incredibly busy due to a combination of work, capstone, and other classes. The rest of the semester I will working on doing better at that though.

I know I've definitely excelled on the playtesting front though. I'm definitely a rules lawyer, no rule goes unscrutinized when I'm there. This definitely allows us to get a good, fair playtest in that fits within the proper Warhammer 40K rulesets. I also bought the latest Imperial Guard Codex, so that I can use my Guard army to playtest against our Lizardmen army, to provide a bit diversity in what we playtest against.

Overall for my first design class ever, I think it's going fairly well. My goals for next semester will be to improve the amount of work I do on the Mechanics side, and continue the level of work I'm doing with playtesting and Psyberfire.

No comments:

Post a Comment