Done:
- Main menu controller support - I ended up going with the plan I mentioned in my previous blog post about using Unity's navigation flow to allow a controller to navigate through the menus. In the image to the right, you can see the navigation flow arrows that Unity visualizes for you. This allows you to see the flow of navigation and easily know what is going to go where. This was created using the "Explicit" type of navigation on the buttons. This can be seen in the next image. I use explicit because I don't want the navigation on this menu to be interacting with the UI elements on any other menu unless explicitly (ha! I'll show myself out.) desired. It is a very nice feature being able to specify the direction that you want as well, and Unity even visualizes your custom links for you (hence the image at the top with the arrows). Once we get an official options menu design, I can then setup the navigation for that as well. I also included a picture of part of the script I wrote down at the bottom of this post. There you can see how I handled moving between each button.
- HUD Rework - I also was in charge of implementing Samuel Neils design for the HUD rework. It actually turned out to be a nice design once implemented, as I had my doubts based on the Google Draw that Sam had made. But with a little nice touch here and there it really stands out now! Images of the new EKG location/design are shown below. I also have pictures of the new loadout "look" but they aren't the greatest so I'm going to retake them and I'll include them in my next post. The EKG works slightly different this time around. As you can see, it was moved to the left-hand side of the screen. It was then stretched so it filled the left hand side when at full health. As you lose health, the EKG moves closer to the center of the screen, the color changes, and your health percentage is shown floating above it. All of this happens with a lovely, smooth Lerp, so it appears the EKG and text are sliding to their new position rather than "teleporting". This makes for a nice system, and will look especially cool if there's a sudden drop in health, or if there is any DOT on the player.
No comments:
Post a Comment