Saturday, February 13, 2016

Capstone Week 20 - Sprint Reworks and Progress

This past week I actually had my task/card deleted in Trello by our PO and CEO. Needless to say I was fairly annoyed with this as it left me without anything to work on (besides the Git repo issue). I've been pestering people about this and it may end up that I have nothing to "officially" work on. I'll find something to do with my time but it just might not be what Evan and Steve want.

However, this week in class we had our sprint retrospective. I made sure to bring up that my task was removed, and that I had nothing to work on because of it. That issue was chalked up to a communication issue as it should have been. That was the major thing we decided we need to improve on in upcoming sprints.

Since then I worked on several things, including the new Git-Flow we want to use and also the Popup Ad/Glitch Virus rework that was needed. The Git-Flow is a simple one that the creators of SourceTree created, seen below in the image. I also provided a link to their tutorial on it as it is a good read.



I also made a change to the Popup Ad that was suggested by Mr. Das and some of our playtesters. Originally every popup was opaque, making it difficult to tell which popup was the one that needed to be pressed. So I added some transparency to the inactive popups, giving it the following effect:


This gives a very clear impression of which popup is active, making it less annoying to progress through each one.

No comments:

Post a Comment